Tuesday, January 4, 2011

THE SMUGGLER by Piers Plowright



                     Have you experienced finding someone or something you like the most? Have you experience finding it for a long period of time? These things happen because of the irresponsibility of a person. This story contains adventure and mystery. A man, named Ezra, finds his precious thing, the head of Pharoah Chefren IV, which has been stolen recently. He continues to find it in mountains, in caves and even bridges.

                    One day, the head of the Pharoah Chefren IV was stolen by the brigands. Ezra was aghast because his precious thing was missing. According to his neighbors, they saw brigands stealing something. Ezra was huffy. On the other day, he saw a villanelle. It gave him an intimation of where the pilfered head was. So he read the poem and with the given hints, he saw the word "GOLABRIDGE". It is a bridge where most of the stolen things are kept. Then, he went to the bridge. There, he saw it and he was on cloud nine. He was very gay and lived merrily ever after.

                    In going over this anecdote, I felt very happy for the reason that Ezra had found his paramount thing. I also felt that I were in the story. By looking at Ezra's experiences, I, myself, has also experienced his experience. One day, I misplaced my Play Station 3 CD. I was woebegone. I asked my parents if they had seen my treasured CD, but unfortunately, they said no. On the day after the other day, I realized that I had deposited it inside my sister's escritoire. I was so demure and coy in that noteworthy experience.

                      I propone this book to juveniles with ages 8-12 years old. This book contains a lot of whodunit or mystery and peril or adventure. But truly it can be recommended for adults for its "mountain ranges" type of story.



                                                                             GROUP 1

                                                           ** GO, CHRISTIAN LAWRENCE Leader ☺
                                                           ** PUENTESPINA, INGRID
                                                           ** IGBALIC, ALLEIN LYLE
                                                           ** SORRERA, VINCE LEVI
                                                           ** MARCIAL, VANESSA JOYCE
                                                           ** OCAMPO, MIGUEL LUIS



 -----------               The End               -----------
                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment